Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Airplane Travel Advice

Just some advice…………after spending 9 hours as a passenger instead of a flight attendant over the weekend (PS--- I wrote this awhile ago)……….I decided to share my wisdom as a flight attendant as a passenger that is really a flight attendant.........
Preparation
First: clothing……….always wear layers as aircraft temperatures are prone to fluctuation and you want to be ready for any situation possible.
IF you want to "nest" or "build a fort" during your flight decide early and grab your pillows and blankets as you take your seat.
Always bring at least a small bottle of water especially if you are prone to thirst……..during the flight you will only be given enough water for survival, not necessarily for comfort……….also be sure to eat before you fly. The flight probably will not have a meal and even if they do you may not like it and then you will end up pouting convinced you are going to starve to death………this is especially important if your diet includes special needs like you can only eat organic food raised by Buddhists and blessed by a tiny village in Tibet. Most airlines don't carry those types of meals.
Let's talk seating……….if you request an aisle be ready for the responsibilities of that position. As aisle you are the "row leader" you may be expected to distribute drinks, food and gather trash from your fellow seat mates. If you want to take a nap understand that may be interrupted by seat mate bathroom breaks.
If you are by the window be courteous and try to read the non verbal communication from your other seat mates regarding the window shade.
If you are in the middle seat you have no responsibility and just hope you have a good team of seat mates that can help you take on and off your layers without invading their space. As "middle" you should get at least one arm rest and be assertive, its all you've got………you may have to fight for it.
IF you are not in the aisle try to hold bathroom breaks until the "row leader" decides they have to go…..if you can't then try to limit it to one time. If you have to interrupt more than once be sure to have a good excuse: Women….Just tell everyone you are pregnant- Men….you can tell them you have an enlarged prostate. Also, if you are a repeat offender hide the water bottle that I advised you to bring on board.

7 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

This is a FANTASTIC blog topic!

I am definitely a window seater and I NEVER go to the bathroom in flight. I suspect Sara is a middle seat since she probably doesnt want to have any responsibilities having said that she could sleep easier in the window seat. Thats a tough call.

I also rarely get a drink as I don't like it using up room on my tray. It's hard to use my laptop if I have a drink. I will get a drink if the middle seat is open and then I use that tray.

Queen B said...

I am shocked at Kim. I totally would have had you down as a Row Leader. I guess total disinvolvement in the other row members wins out. I'm with ya.

I am not a middle seater! But when I get stuck there (once every 2 years), I fight for both arm rests... it's the least these people can do for stealing my usual seats!

Queen B said...

oh, and I think I want to use the enlarged prostate excuse...

Jenn Ann said...

They should require that every passenger read this before boarding and post it on the backs of the seats as a friendly reminder. I am definitely a window seater!

Neva said...

This is great info to know.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

rohit sarvadnya said...

Ha ha ha....


absolutly great advice given by u...

thankx...