Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Airport Alert

Airport Alert is when I "get" to sit @ the airport for 4 hrs just waiting to see if @ any given moment they "scheduling" will need me if somebody doesn't show up or gets sick, or whatever last minute.....blah blah blah.....
I assure you this blog is not that exciting
Anyway, flight attendants have crew rooms and this where you hang out during this assignment. The crew room has many couches and chairs, individual files for each of us in which other flight attendants can leave you notes, or your supervisor, or just whatever. I must say looking around, our crew room could use ALOT of work...........it looks pretty make shift and dated. We do have a large screen TV, not as big, but similar to the one they had the Mr. Gatti's I used to eat @ when I was in elementary school. I don't know if all Mr. Gatti's were the same maybe you can't mentally see it.

Anyway, on this large screen TV is usually the crappiest TV EVER..........well actually not EVER.....I just don't like alot of reality TV shows. Tonight though was an extra special night in which one of the flight attendants decided that everyone wanted to watch a Spanish Soap Opera. Before that was Dancing With the Stars.....and I know that many of you LOVE that show and that is fine, I know I am a minority but I do not like it, but at least it was in English. On so may levels I am not sure how or why somebody would think that we all wanted to watch a Spanish Soap Opera. I have my computer anyway so I wasn't watching but it was still really annoying and by far the worst thing I have seen on "crew room" tv.
Tonight was pretty quiet........it's late and not much going on. When there is crazy weather or a holiday Airport Alert can be not really stressful but maybe nerve racking. Another thing we have in the crew room is a single phone for "Airport Alerts"....this is also know as the "Bat Phone" b/c this is the phone that scheduling calls for a specific flight attendant to go on a trip. Every time the phone rings everyone wonders if there name will be the one that is called. It's very strange its kind of like getting your name called @ the Price Is Right, except not fun........and you NEVER see these schedulers you only talk to them on the phone and they can pretty much send you anywhere in the world and you literally have to be @ the gate like 10 mins ago.
Well, as I mentioned tonight is quiet and more relaxed and so tonight I pretty much just hung out on the computer. I looked for people to be on line.......checked Facebook and MySpace like 100xs......then I went to this blogging site and was determined to learn something new. You see I find this site confusing, as you already know if you read my blog CONFUSING. Well, anyway.....tonight I did learn something new.....sort of. I did kind of already know how to do this but I learned how to do it better. I learned how to add people to my blog list so I can see when they post a new blog.....well why am I explaining what that is to you, I think everyone but me has that figured out. So now I have a few new bloggers I am watching compliments of Queen B's blog list. I still feel there is alot to learn, but baby steps.
That's about it..........after waiting 2 and a half hrs. for somebody to be on line 2 people were on line so I talked to my friend, Ingrid, and also Queen B simultaneously for about a half hour. While talking to Queen B Jay Leno graced the 'crew room' TV YAY!! and they had Jay Walkers challenge so I was relaying to Queen B the stupidness of people.........One girl didn't even know what the Alamo was....only the car rental place...............The first female astronaut was Sally? Answers: Sally Field and Sally Struthers. About the only other thing really funny thing was that someone thought Thomas Jefferson's first name was George.
After that and reading Queen B's funny blog I decided to write this blog.
I am supposed to leave in like 5 mins or so, so I am trying to hurry and did not appreciate the interruption of another flight attendant talking to be about her schedule and vacation, but I understand she does not have a blog to write and it is boring sitting here.............usually I will talk to anyone about anything while I am here.
Ok................I better go. I don't really have time to read this b/c I have to go to the bathroom and get my stuff together so I hope it doesn't suck too bad, and I hope spell check does a good job b/c I haven't been able to type very well tonight.

7 comments:

Queen B said...

are you allowed to take pictures in the crew room? I think we need a preview!

Yes, our Mr. Gatti's had those big screens. Led to stitches for my brother at one point, but that is a whole other story!

Agent DragonFly said...

I Know... the crew room.....I thought about pictures but I was in a time crunch that will be updated I promise.....so readers be looking forward to that

Jenn Ann said...

Definitely need pictures! Discrete photos always spice up a post :) And I read the whole thing...anyone want to bet KT does not? :)

Never heard of Mr. Gatti's - must be a Texas thing...

Kim Thomas said...

I am fascinated by this. What kind of pay do you get for sitting around? I thought flight attendents got paid by the flight. Is that true?

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

I was under the same belief as Kim. What is the rate to be on standbu?

Agent DragonFly said...

to try and explain how flight attendants are paid is sort of a whole other blog and not a very interesting one, I will say this I am what is called 'reserve' and recieve a guarantee of hours each month no matter what assignements I get (I ALWAYS try to go above this-- but not easy).....anyway this Airport Alert assignment you do get 4 hrs credit toward that guarantee....so if you go over your guarantee GREAT otherwise you just sat there for nothing b/c you were going to get paid that anyway....
make any sort of sense......TRUST ME.......Flight Attendant life is VERY confusing at times

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,