Monday, September 22, 2008

And Elizabeth Said "Let there Be Light!!"

And so it was..........Finally, after many failed attempts at willing electricity to come on @ my beckon call we now have ELECTRICITY!!!
Sunday night was a night like any other in the last 10 days in which we came home to no electricity.....and also heat............our moods depleted and our love for each other tried. I continually checked the Center Point Energy website (through dial up) many times (while trying to save computer battery) always to stare blankly @ the screen just knowing that there was no way our tiny little zip code so far inland in which we barely had any damage could possibly have a restoration date of AFTER THURSDAY.......that's it not by Thursday just AFTER THRUSDAY. This can't be right, but after finally accepting it (sort of) I took a shower and laid in the bed, and the dark............at this point Joe and I are not talking to each other......these are trying times.
I barely slept and when I awoke everything was just as miserable and also our house is getting a little messy due to the lack of electricity and the randomness of the situation in general. I thought maybe I would feel a little better if I cleaned up a little bit......just to add some comfort to the situation. I started to but then before I thought about mopping the floors I thought about how much this chore sucks WITH electricity and a/c. I cleaned the kitchen a little and then just layed back on the bed for a little bit pondering more days like this.
Joe had left and I was just laying there when all of a sudden.......I heard a continuous BEEEEP.........and Halelujah I heard the a/c and still in a state of disbelief I turned on a light switch........
Yes, it was Real.....Electricity!! This is the Happiest Day of my life!! I called Joe and he answered in our bitter angry @ each other voice but when I told him the news all was forgotten as Finally having electricity was the answer to our MANY MANY prayers!!!!

Since that glorious moment I have been absorbing my computer to the fullest...........I can't get enough! Joe is back to watching sports and Sasha (the dog) no longer has to pant all the time.
Well, for now I am going to pull myself off the computer to clean the bathroom and be somewhat productive but you can be sure you will be seeing alot more of me!!! :)
Thank you to the folks @ Center Point that fianlly realized where I lived and how important I am!
and also on a seriouse note I TRULY feel for those that have to go through far worse than me and for those that still do not have power......It is NOT easy, I KNOW

5 comments:

Queen B said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I am so happy for y'all. I just can't even imagine...

Agent DragonFly said...

Thank YOU sooo VERY much for taking me in the first few days when all this took place. That really helped and I definitely would NOT have made it as long as I did.........LOVE YOU CUZ

Jenn Ann said...

YAY!!!! BTW, it still freaks me out how much you two sound alike.

Agent DragonFly said...

Really? That is soo funny-- everyone says that (about Sara and Me (even our husbands!!)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,