Monday, September 29, 2008

Twilight Zone Honolulu

I am not sure....but I am starting to think that maybe bathrooms are some sort of entrance to an alternate universe for me. It's only happened twice, but I will tell you the most recent and then maybe tell you the previous situation......I hate to be the "LONG" blogger
Anyway, this Friday I went out with my crew to the Yard House in Honolulu.......It was crowded....and we had to wait for a table so went to the bar. There were several of us......and I was just sort of involved in us not looking around or realizing how big the place was plus the bar part is HUGE and with the lighting its kind of like being on stage....you can't really see what's going on around you. Whatever....shortly after that we got a table, and then shortly after that I go to the bathroom. My fellow crewmembers pointed me in the right direction and off I went. After leaving the bathroom somehow I was in this alternate universe- not by choice. I was totally turned around and could not find the table in which I originated.....of course I retraced my steps but that didn't help. At some point in this process I became friends with these 2 girls...(I am pretty outgoing).....Anyway, they got a table and then were like you should come have a beer. My reply was I don't have my money (you see I had only brought out a tiny pouch purse thingie for my money, ID, hotel key, etc... and my BlackBerry---- I left those 2 things @ my original table) but the girls were insistent and said they would buy me a beer. I was like ok......I always like meeting new people and whatever, plus I did know that my possessions were in good hands and I would end up with them @ some point even if not until the hotel.
So I hung out with my new friends for a little while but you see the whole time I was REALLY not happy being separated from my BB and my ID, money, etc.... This was sort of looming over me......so every now and then I would make rounds around the Yard House.........every time I would come back and find my new table just fine, but never the one I originated in.
Little did I know but on a couple of my rounds my friend, Eva (original table friend), would see me go by but by the time she could get out of the booth and come to get me I would disappear again--- back to my alternate universe I guess.
Ok.....so back to my new friend table......after awhile I was like, you know I really like hanging out with you guys but I would really feel better if I had my BB and everything else in my possession.....so one of the girls went with me on my search for my old life. Eventually we FOUND the table!! I am not sure What the Hell??!! Seriously..........I looked all over the place.
Thinking back it was really strange b/c I pretty much had 2 totally different nights in the same night......I hung out with new friends for awhile and that was cool and then hung out with the people I was with in the first place.
It still sort of baffles me, but I am CONVINCED that during part of that evening I was in an alternate universe.

5 comments:

Queen B said...

ha! this is a crazy/funny story. I can totally see that happening, and it sounds like a fun tho slightly stressful evening! some days I want to live your life ;) love that I can do it vicariously through blogworld :)

shap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shap said...

.....ah, me!

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

I am not a fan of the long blog either, howeever this was well worth the read.

!. I laughed so hard I cried
2. I love that you have the same concerne about you BB that I would
3. Does your wallet fit in your bra?
4. Will you see your new friends again?

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,