Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ah.....Paris

Well, I am in Paris.......It sounds exciting and it is I really like Paris.......Its a very beautiful city, but of course I am only here for 24 hrs. I have been here 3xs before and the first 2 times I was REAL touristy and I have lots of pics and have seen stuff, and although I will do those things again I am tired today and I have alot on my mind so I am just going to take a nap and meet up with my crew.
First off one of the first things flight attendants ALWAYS do is go to the store......we spend so much time in other places we can't order every meal out all the time. Usually people have their own routine and their own store but I have not been here enough so I went with another lady. Anyway when I got to my room I realized I had no pants or bottoms of any sort and my shirt was not loose enough to fit over my uniform so I got to wear my uniform to the store with my crew sweater over it. That was fun..........Trust me shopping (in Paris) in a flight attendant uniform does not win you any points with the French, but actually except @ the front desk everyone was REALLY nice today (you never know).
The lady I was going with really only wanted to go to the pharmacy but pointed me in the direction of a store that may be open (nothing is really open on Sundays and if they are they close @ like 1pm), we also passed an outdoor market-- a VERY STINKY outdoor market--- they had food but mostly I was interested in the outdoor market to find soemthing to wear. I found the following:

I guess it's ok.............Then I found a teeny tiny store and bought:
I am meeting up with crew members later.....I am still not sure if I am going to go to a small dinner or just do snacks and wine (there are 2 different groups meeting up)...........Anyway, I need to have snacks for me and I didn't want to show up empty handed if I do go to do snacks with others, although I am pretty sure they are going to laugh @ me for bringing what basically looks like hotdog buns to a wine & cheese in France, but its all they had and I didn't feel like trying to find a bakery too.
Already a busy morning.
My room is pretty much a mess I seemed to have unpacked while in a wind storm........I need to get that organized, shower and nap.............
I hadn't flown in awhile and so it is good to finally be on a trip......I am working with a few people I know and the few people I don't are REALLY cool.........I have heard some interesting stories on my way over here. Being an International Flight Attendant is kind of like being in High School as far as gossip goes, plus flight attendants are usually pretty nutty to begin with. The quickest story I can tell you is that apparently one of our flight attendants has become paranoid and has made a few scenes on flights recently the last one being over a spoon that she found in her bag and her saying that someone put it there and that she wasn't going to get fired for stealing property, blah, blah, blah........ Ok, like office supplies we are not supposed to take stuff off the plane but she probably did and didn't mean to and no one would have even noticed if she hadn't made a big scene. I guess she is not allowed to fly again until her dr. says she's back on her meds and gives her the ok........ I don't know I hear alot of rumors about ALL kinds of stuff but mostly they are entertaining (I mean a little sad), but interesting. There is also at least one other story associated with her but way too difficult to explain @ the moment.
Well if anything else exciting happens I will keep you posted.......

4 comments:

Queen B said...

lol about the spoon. that is definitely paranoid!

glad you got the trip :) I think we're all pretty jealous of a job that takes you to Paris on multiple occasions!

LOL at hot dog buns. wine and cheese party... I need more of those in my life!

Jinjer said...

Love the skirt and the groceries! As for the paranoid flight attendent, she totally shouldn't have said anything, then no one would have known or cared for that matter - you are so right!! Have I mentioned that my biggest fear in life is flying? I hate it with a passion, so I envy you for being able to like it and for being able to see great places all around the world!

Kim Thomas said...

I would devour the salami! Do you ever have layovers in LA?

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,