Sunday, November 30, 2008

GIVING THANKS

Giving ThanksFirst of all----- It took me the ENTIRE weekend to realize I had a holiday off.......It was the first holiday I had off in 10 yrs, besides the ONE I had when I was laid off after 9/11...Boo....I would have rather been working
Thanksgiving 2008:
Parents came to visit on Thursday.......This was an especially productive visit for my husband as he was taught how to do many new man things.
The first thing Joe learned was how to clean the turkey out "get the blood clots out of the turkey"
Joe thinks meat is gross (I mean he eats chix & some fish but that is about it-----and he is NO fan of handling anything raw) and in the past would get grossed out when I asked him to carve a turkey.....which he also learned during this visit but I do not have pictures of that as I was stirring gravy @ the time.
The following night we had game night.....also not one of Joe's favorite activities and if I do get him to play a game it is mostly me nagging him that it is his turn as he was easily distracted by the TV, but my Dad really got into Monopoly and was showing Joe the ins & outs of how to acquire property and bargain with other players for their property in order to build an empire of hotels.

While staying in our guest room my parents noticed the faucet would leak if you didn't get the handle just at the right spot. My dad is Mr. Handy Man.....I mean he can SERIOUSLY do anything so my mom asked him to fix it but this required a visit to Home Depot and also me telling them that the kitchen faucet does the same thing. This project went from fixing the faucet to getting a new one. Joe was thrilled when he found out he was in charge under the direction of my dad.
Joe was not happy @ all with me @ this moment and some of you might remember my facebook status that I was in trouble for being on the computer while this was going on, but how was I too help really?---- except by taking pictures for my own amusement.
Anyway, since that went so well my mom decided that we should just get a new kitchen faucet too. So we went back to Home Depot and:
Joe was a little happier @ this point after admiring his work in the bathroom.......and in fact now he "says" he wants to learn other handy stuff!! :) YAY!!
Although it looks as if only Joe was put to work.....I did have to do all the grocery shopping and clean and wash sheets and towels, etc (in preparation for visit)......before, between and after my trips............plus I had to speed clean yesterday so I could go back to work today and have Queen B's room ready for her on Thursday.
It was a successful fun filled family holiday and I definitely give thanks for my entire family.....I love them all!!!

5 comments:

Queen B said...

I'm so proud of Joe's handyman activities over the holiday weekend! He is, too, I think, since he bbmed me to tell me about my new faucet :) can't wait to see it! Glad y'all had a good time with the fam. I have many happy holiday memories with y'all.

Andrea said...

That sounds like the perfect holiday...good food, good games, and a little home repair lesson thrown in.

Kim Thomas said...

Love a good handyman

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

Thank goodness for helpers!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,