Saturday, December 27, 2008

Delia R.I.P?

Delia is the name of my computer..........Sigh..........I am not really sure what is going on exactly. All I can tell you is that it doesn't work. This morning I tried turning it on and received what I thought was a black screen, after much denial and sevaral retries I found that if I caught the light just right I could see a faded screen.....I could make out that it said my computer could not start up and the start up something or other was running a scan to diagnose the problem.......then trying to repair. Then I could make out that it said it could not repair the problem and would I like to send a report....so I did and then I called Dell.
In the meantime while on hold I am continuing my denial...........eventually I did get into windows but the background was still VERY dark.........Luckily? I could see just barely enough to let the computer tech guy take over my computer. He could see just fine and did a bunch of stuff....I don't know what.......In the end he said he is having a technician bring me a new LCD and video card. Hopefully then I will be able to see the screen, but now when I try to sign onto my computer it just is running a bunch of tests in DOS mode which I really can't read.
I don't know, what I do know is that hopefully this will get fixed. I JUST bought this computer like 4 months ago...........Unfortunately a little over 2 months ago it was dropped. This is the first time I have had problems since then but I hope it is not related................Especially since my HUSBAND talked me out of buying the 'if stolen or damaged' warranty. I knew that was a BAD idea..............SIGH

6 comments:

Paula said...

Bummer!!! Hope it's an easy fix!

Queen B said...

this makes me sad! I think she can be revived, though. It just sucks to wait. Thank God you had a backup computer!

Kim Thomas said...

This is terrible! You must be online!

Agent DragonFly said...

I AT LEAST have my OLD OLD computer but it SUCKS.....soooo slow......SOOOO glad I have it, but I miss my new computer.....life is not the same

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

My laptop spent the day with Kevin. Vista and 2007 office and I seem to be fine (but damn I hate change)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,