Saturday, December 20, 2008

Unpack Checklist

As the years of being a flight attendant have gone by and many a hotel room with maintenance issues have taught me I have slowly added certain checks of my room before I unpack. I live out of a suitcase and only stay one night but as soon as I get in I do like to have all of my stuff set up....it's not very much fun to unpack and then repack quickly in order to switch rooms, especially if tired and/ or on a short layover.
Anyway..........the list is not that long but still gives you some things to think about before you unpack.
  1. Before I close the door I make sure there is no one hiding anywhere in my room.........closet, under bed, shower......It may sound stupid but I have heard too many stories plus sometimes they actually give you a room that is already occupied. You would be surprised how many times this can happen over the years.
  2. Next I check to make sure the cleanliness is up to par.
  3. does the TV work??
  4. does the a/c or heater work?
  5. does the phone work?
  6. do the outlets I need work?
  7. Does the coffee maker work?---- you don't have to change rooms for that but it saves time in the morning
  8. Occasionally overseas I have to be taught by maintenance how to flush the toilet so that it actually flushes instead of just sounding like its going to
  9. also occasionally overseas I have to be taught how to work the shower
  10. Today I added to the list to make sure I have a shower with both hot and cold water. I have taken many a cold shower in lieu of having hot water and that sucks but can be done. Today I learned the opposite is not possible. Without cold water a shower is impossible and thus I have added to the list---make sure I have cold running water as well as hot.

I must have been in the room for at least an hour and was totally unpacked and settled in. It was too early and no maintenance man was available so I had to throw everything back in my bags and move rooms. The hotel was really nice and moved me to the Executive Floor so that was good, but I needed a shower and bed way before I unsettled and resettled. So no more laxing on the pre unpack checklist.

5 comments:

Queen B said...

#1 - I have experienced but...

I do not do any of these checks when getting into my room. However, the first thing I do is unpack everything. We must be related.

Diane said...

Good idea. I usually unpack only the items I do not want wrinkled. Eventually unpack the rest when needed.

Kim Thomas said...

Great tips. I love the executive floor by the way.

I usually unpack nothing. I must be weird

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

Nothing good about cold water, it only has to happen once

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,