Anyway..........the list is not that long but still gives you some things to think about before you unpack.
- Before I close the door I make sure there is no one hiding anywhere in my room.........closet, under bed, shower......It may sound stupid but I have heard too many stories plus sometimes they actually give you a room that is already occupied. You would be surprised how many times this can happen over the years.
- Next I check to make sure the cleanliness is up to par.
- does the TV work??
- does the a/c or heater work?
- does the phone work?
- do the outlets I need work?
- Does the coffee maker work?---- you don't have to change rooms for that but it saves time in the morning
- Occasionally overseas I have to be taught by maintenance how to flush the toilet so that it actually flushes instead of just sounding like its going to
- also occasionally overseas I have to be taught how to work the shower
- Today I added to the list to make sure I have a shower with both hot and cold water. I have taken many a cold shower in lieu of having hot water and that sucks but can be done. Today I learned the opposite is not possible. Without cold water a shower is impossible and thus I have added to the list---make sure I have cold running water as well as hot.
I must have been in the room for at least an hour and was totally unpacked and settled in. It was too early and no maintenance man was available so I had to throw everything back in my bags and move rooms. The hotel was really nice and moved me to the Executive Floor so that was good, but I needed a shower and bed way before I unsettled and resettled. So no more laxing on the pre unpack checklist.