Thursday, December 25, 2008

WOW!!! Thanks.....

Monday night I received my Christmas present, as Joe and I were not going to be able to spend Christmas together. He bought me a new camera!! I am VERY excited about this!! I LOVE photography and LOVE to take pictures, especially traveling to so many different places.
Well, like any new toy you want to use it RIGHT away. There is nothing very picture worthy in my house......yeah, sure I can take pictures of me, Joe and the pets but.......No, I wanted to find something different to take a picture of.
I looked @ our mantle and saw a souvenir I bought Joe when we first started dating. I don't like to buy the usual souvenirs...I mean in some ways I do.....coffee mugs, etc (especially for certain people)..... but I do like to find the unique side of pretty much anything ordinary (Queen B is probably reading and saying "yeah, pretty much")........with that said I bought Joe an interesting souvenir from Hawaii. When I saw it I knew immediately I liked it b/c I had not seen it before and it did not SCREAM Waikiki or alot of other Hawaii souvenirs. Also, I was considering if my appreciation for the item would be shared with new found boyfriend........After moderate consideration I decided to go ahead with the purchase:


I can't really remember his reaction, honestly.....I think he did like it right off but was a little surprised, that of all things, receiving that from Honolulu. At any rate it was the first souvenir I bought for him and it has held many positions in his apartment before we moved in together, then in our first apartment together and now on our jumbled mantle that really needs to be organized.
It's not such a photo worthy moment but it was fun to rekindle the thoughts and presence surrounding this interesting souvenir.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I think that is awesome! I have a pic of a souvenir in my Blog Picture Vault just waiting to be sprung....Maybe I'll get that out this weekend! Merry Christmas in Japan! Sorry you and your hubby are apart for the holiday.

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

Very thoughtful gift! Merry Christmas from one photographer to another!

Kim Thomas said...

I love new cameras! Have fun with it. what kind is it?

Queen B said...

I'm so happy you got your camera :) Merry Christmas - miss you!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,