Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Bitter Sweet Goddbye to my VW Golf

Well....the other day I had 2 misfortunes.....misfortune #1 I fell and hurt myself.....
At first I thought I broke my wrist but only sprained it (wrist is almost 100% already).....other injury included major scrape and major bruising on knee.....this has proven to be the worse of the 2 injuries and still ails me and I think I am going back to doctor tomorrow.....I am sure everything is fine (or will be) I just need doctor affirmation and perhaps an extended doctor's note for work..........
Ok....other incident......wrecked my car....all by myself (separate incident btw)......Normally I am a pretty good driver.....I may take some risks but I am a generally good driver.......This time however was an exception:
I was driving down the road when I realized @ like 30mph I was going the wrong way and needed to U-Turn RIGHT now......well.....that didn't work out so good b/c I landed on the median. BRILLIANT. Sigh.......I am not perfect..... and accidents happen..........AAA towed me to my mechanic to drop car off then took me home. Finally today Insurance Co. went to mechanics and determined car totaled.......many issues and possible new engine, blah, blah..........
Joe was worried I would be upset and I am NOT thrilled but I would rather have them total it with all the damage b/c I want to have a car I can keep for a LONG time. I don't know that I want to keep a car that has been through so much..........plus I had upcoming expensive general maintenance coming up (fuel injector...etc...).
Well, car is fully paid for so I can put the full check insurance gives me toward down payment on new car, but I am not excited about new monthly payments----- still I think this is the best scenario.
Joe and I looked @ cars this evening and I have decided on the VW Rabbit.......2009...........
I think with my down payment & EXTREMELY remarkable high credit score financing should be ok......but we shall see. We still need to investigate better deals.....outside finance, etc....
And I might have to go for a used car which is ok, too............I am just planning on keeping my car as long as possible and would like to start that off with a fresh 'new' start.
We'll see what happens
I am a VW girl.....probably always will be until I can afford something like a Saab Turbo (which I really do NOT need---b/c they are fast & fun + expensive to fix).........I don't ever need anything too fancy--- I liked my little VW Golf...........and I will drive a manual for many years to come......it's fun and adds to the driving experience as far as I am concerned....although there is LIMITED multi tasking with that choice......and one day I will probably break my left foot and hate myself for loving standards, but I can't help it I do......
I am loyal to standards and VWs

7 comments:

Secreteeyore said...

I admire you for your choice to drive standard. I myself, do not know how, nor do I enjoy driving anyway and tend to avoid it at any cost. I have had lessons the operation of the standard transmission from my dad when I was 14 that ended in him swearing and me in tears, so I have given up on that. I have recurring dreams (nightmares?) that I am in a car that has a standard transmission and I can't get it out of first gear on the freeway....anyways, I applaud you. You actually have the skill of driving. I do not.

Paula said...

I haven't driven a standard in 10 years..I kinda miss it!
Glad you weren't hurt in the car accident! Sorry about your knee and wrist though...that sucks! Hope you are better soon!

Queen B said...

wow. I think we're going to have lots of stories to swap this weekend!

I am so not a standard girl...I need my multi-tasking :)

Andrea said...

I tried to learn to drive a standard once in my life and about broke down in tears. Now that I'm living in the land of hills, there is no way I would EVER drive a standard!!

Sorry to hear about your injuries, although I have to say they were a topic of concern among the HCBCs in So. Cal. this past weekend.

Kim Thomas said...

Either you all are dating yourselves or I am just nuts. I don't know if I have ever heard it called a "standard". Actually, it sounds vaguely familiar, maybe my grandmother used that term (LOL)

Kim Thomas said...

PS I want to hear about the fall

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,