Sunday, January 11, 2009

Something Out of Nothing??

It's been a slow month--- work wise......being a 'Reserve Flight Attendant" I am @ the mercy of Senior flight attendants calling out sick and being in the right place @ the right time to get called for a trip.
Luckily I did get one trip to London and that is ONLY b/c I worked the lead position (which you are supposed to be specially trained for) but they didn't have any of those people and the supervisor for those people (ISMs= International Service Managers) likes me and prefers I do it than someone who has NO clue & is crying the whole time b/c they have to do it. So yeah she called scheduling and made sure I worked that trip and since then......I have been 'on call'.............I think I have had 2 days off and done 2 Airport Alerts: Airport Alert ----I think most of you know what this is by now but their is a reference in case you don't. The other days I have just been sitting around wondering if at any minute I will be called to rush to the airport and save the day with my presence.
At first I really did think I was going to get called @ any minute but eventually I loosened that grasp on me and began living a life...... A life that meant working out....A life that meant cleaning.....A life that entailed 'hopeful' grocery shopping and home cooked meals. This has been a good life. I would prefer to be working and making money to continue the grocery shopping, etc... but I am glad to be back to working out and seeing the light of day (once in awhile).
Also, I have been able to work on the puzzle....unfortunately Joe has not been as excited about "The Puzzle" so besides Queen B's visit I have been on my own. Joe is VERY helpful....when he can pull himself away from the TV but that is only MAYBE during a commercial. hmmmmmppph........Hopefully we can work on this a little.

Anyway today was day 4 of working out...in 5 days......WOO HOO............and round 2 of severe grocery shopping and a yummy, delicious and healthy dinner with a new recipe for spinach that will become more of a constant FOR SURE. Maybe I will make it for you Queen B.....we shall see

Also, to clear up any foreseen comments about getting paid.....I get a 'pay guarantee' each month but it doesn't include per diem...........and I like to over my guarantee and work as much as possible but sometimes I just have to throw in the towel........

4 comments:

Andrea said...

If the recipe works out, you'll need to share it with the rest of us!! Keep up the work on the puzzle, hopefully Joe will get interested in it soon.

I'm very fascinated by the whole flight attendant work scheduling thing. Having been somebody whose flight has been delayed because the crew wasn't there yet, I'm interested to know what the process is so that I can remain calm and understanding when these situations occur.

OGLADI said...

Who wants a lead flight attendant crying all through the flight?! Thank God you are there to save the day Agent DragonFly! Um, so can I have a ticket to somewhere, anywhere?

Queen B said...

LOL...I sure hate it when my flight attendants are crying :)

Has anyone noticed how I get home cooked meals wherever I go? I am truly blessed!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,