Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another Co-Pay Down The Drain, but I guess it was a good thing

Well, starting yesterday just after my crew rest (around 3pm) I started having some strange syndromes....basically I felt fine but I was having tingly sensations through out my body that somewhat felt like short circuiting. I was, of course, tired and stuff but that is normal.....anyway, last night I went to bed around midnight and then slept until around 11-1130am today. I know that sounds like a lot----but:
Ok....so moving on with the day I start some projects on my list to do. I am capable of these tasks but still having weird feeling and tiny dizzy spells. Because I have not felt this before I call my mom (who basically grew up in hospitals and worked with doctors forever----- The Queen B and My Grandfather was a surgeon).....I explain the best I can my symptoms and she wants me to see the doctor. I have called my mom feeling like I am dying after food poisoning saying I am thinking of going to the hospital & she has told me to get up and go get Gatorade I am fine. With that said---If mom says go to the doctor I GO to the doctor.
I jump in the shower real quick b/c I have to wash my hair and I could not reach the receptionist anyway I had to leave a VM for them to call me back.
Ok.....I am hauling ass to get dressed and could not find anything appropriate...I hate going to to the doctor looking like crap----- I don't know why but it is a real issue for me. Anyway, I tried on a few outfits and either they were too dressy or just to casual. Whatever.......I moved on to hair....during blow drying my hair the dryer blows......GREAT......as some of you may know I JUST cut my hair REAL short!! REAL short and I have naturally curly hair.......so my look for the doctor's office is a cut off brown skirt, messy curly wet hair and glasses.
When I spoke to the receptionist she also said she wanted me to come in right away. Now I am wondering if I should pack an overnight bag....with at least my flat iron in case I have to be admitted and have visitors later.......do I need jammies? or will I just wear that gown if I have to stay over night?.......should I bring a book?? I also started to wonder if I would not be able to see Sasha?? Don't doctor's Rx 'comfort animals'?? Are they allowed in the hospital??
Because I couldn't get my shit together and I also felt it would be strange to arrive @ the doctor's office with a backpack, in addition to my ridiculous look, I decided against the over night bag.......I could just get Joe to bring stuff later. I did bring my BB charger though.
Well.......the doctor couldn't find anything wrong with me. I mean my symptoms were pretty difficult to explain.......everything else was fine.....no fever, BP normal, etc..... he did some blood work---I'll get back to you if something turns up
Basically b/c I had all sorts of family in town and then been 'on call' for work and got about 9 hrs of sleep b/t Sun @ 9am until midnight last night, he said I was probably suffering from exhaustion and perhaps an elevated level of anxiety and maybe low blood sugar.
I took a little nap right before this blog and am feeling a little/lot better, no need to worry, I just NEED to blog and this is the most recent situation to blog.

8 comments:

Queen B said...

glad you blogged it :)

can't believe you had costume changes for the doctor office visit :) you know I would have been in jeans and a t-shirt.

I have totally the same relationship with my mom regarding dr. office visits. She usually says don't go, but when she says go, I go.

Kim Thomas said...

This was my life between 2004-2006. TERRIBLE. Many visits and they never found anything. Xxanax taken when needed is a winner for stress.

Sugared Rose said...

I'm glad your ok!
Now with that said...costume changes?? Really? If and when I go to the doctor, I go in jammies, mascara and chapstick. haha
P.S. I miss Sasha :(

Agent DragonFly said...

I know I just don't want to look like a white trash junkie or something when I go to the doctor...I want him to respect that my symptoms are real and believe me to be an upstanding citizen, I don't know....it's just my weird thing

Andrea said...

I had similar symptons to this a couple of years back, and it still occurs periodically. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with dehydration and depletion along with some exhaustion. I was prescribed Gatorade, rest, and a multivitamin. What really sucked for me was that I had a first date with a guy that I really liked but because I was pretty out of it, I sorta didn't remember much about the date and he never called back... Ah well. Hope you get to feeling better!!

Costume change totally cracked me up, though!!

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

Another co-pay down the drain. Quote of the year!

Secreteeyore said...

This Jane character is a very smart woman...hahaha! ;-)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,