Thursday, July 16, 2009

My New LOVE for Do-It-Yourself

Today I decided was 'Home Improvement Day'......
Yesterday while cleaning the bathroom I became VERY aware that the huge frosted glass window was the source of MUCH heat leaking into the bathroom....... In the back of my mind I was thinking we needed some sort of curtainy thing to shield the heat a little, at least......
Also, since we moved into the house our back door window has been covered by an obnoxious aqua teal towel held up by nails......FANCY
So, I don't know--- today I decided was the day all that was going to change.....
I went to Target and bought suitable curtain stuff.......none of it was the right size, but figured I could work with it.
Yay......I pulled out my electric drill, and tool kit ASAP when I got home
By the way 1st time putting curtains up by myself.......Things started simply enough.......and believe me this could be a long story, but I will mostly use pictures----


Ok......well along the way I learned MANY things
  1. check for studs and figure out if you need the plastic things, that go before the screw, first
  2. Also......don't try to drill through Steel, your drill bit will break......also along those lines, make sure you use right drill bit to drill initial hole for screw and plastic thingie (if needed)
  3. Home Improvement takes DETERMINATION and strength!!!!
  4. Be Ready to make AT LEAST another trip to Home Depot and be specific when you ask questions......if you find yourself in this situation let me know......I have found out the questions that need to be asked
  5. Expect for the Home Improvement situation to try to kill you.....but simple DETERMINATION will block this....TRUST ME
There are MANY MANY other things I learned, like which equipment to keep closer.....also a tool belt might be helpful instead of a cooking apron.........

Final Result:

It may not look like much, but it is MUCH better than the towel (and TRUST ME on the satisfaction of doing it ALL BY MYSELF---not like the song, though), but was I finished?? NO.......
I took on the bathroom.....and Mr. DragonFly was just a couple hrs away so I had to perform this job like a PRO.....which I did NOT, but it still works and was completed (??? Not really---- Need other half of curtain(s) so just one hanging long sheet @ the moment.......also I will come up with a SUPER AWESOME decorative way to handle the length issue)

6 comments:

Queen B said...

I am incredibly impressed :)

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

i see a TV show in the works

OGLADI said...

aqua towel curtain? that's pinkies-out classy, why jack with that?

seriously, can't wait to see yo' pad one day and all the hard work.

btw those are good tips...learned them the hard way myself.

Diane said...

Looks great

Secreteeyore said...

Impressive. I hate that kind of stuff and deligate it to my dad when he comes in town.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,