Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Underwear Slippers

Well....if you read my last blog (which is not worth me agonizing over inserting a link here) then you will know I forgot my wallet @ home, on my last trip. In addition to that I also left my deoderant, and I didn't have any socks left in my luggage either. I had a VERY short overnight so it wasn't a HUGE deal except that I pretty much wear socks ALL the time, because my feet are pretty much cold ALL the time.
I tried to go the night w/o anything on my feet but it just wasn't working.....and after several 'in denial' searches through my luggage I decided to focus my energy on being resourceful. How could I keep my feet warm & still walk around?? I eventually ended up making slippers out of CLEAN underwear.
This at least kept my toes warm.....but they really were not ideal, and I knew they would not stay on in bed so I eventually resorted to a pillow case foot mitten--- I'm sorry I don't have pctures of that....I was exhausted and already not going to get enough sleep, by the time I got to pillow case foot mitten I just went to bed.
Also, in regards to solving the deoderant problem--- it stings when you spray perfume under your arms, luckily I only had one flight home.
PS---- I didn't use my beautiful Vicoria's Secret lacey underwear for socks b/c I didn't anticipate sharing this photo with the blog world---well maybe I did, but I didn't use them anyway.

10 comments:

Queen B said...

hahahahahahahaha. you're so mcgyver!

Jenn Ann said...

This is still funny hours after I first saw the picture! Very resourceful, but my feet still don't understand the concept. I hardly ever wear socks!

Paula said...

very mcguyver-ish!!! I would've spent a ridiculous amount of $$ at the airport store.

Don't most hotels give out tiny deodorants at the front desk if you ask?

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

How many pairs of underwear do you travel with?????//

Diane said...

Clever!
I cannot wear socks when I sleep unless it is really cold.

Secreteeyore said...

Wow, I don't really know what to say to that. I am very impressed with your resourcefulness. I too get chilly feet, but I find it hard to sleep in socks because they get all twisted and to me it feels like they cut off circulation to my feet. My solution is to get the hotel room with two beds and layer all the blankets from both beds onto one bed and snuggle up like "platypus". Or so that was what someone called me once. :)

Kim Thomas said...

I am with Paula-so mcguyver of you!

This is the funniest post I have read in my blog catch up this morning! LOL

Andrea said...

I'm with Jane....How many pairs of underwear do you travel with? I typically only pack one extra pair... but two.... then you are just becoming my grandmother!! (Long story, maybe I'll blog some day.....

Agent DragonFly said...

1. no time to buy crap in the airport & was rushing to bed to get up early, plus nothing open around hotel anyway
2. I throw a random amount of underwear, pantyhose, & socks in my luggage due to extenisive spur of the moment travel & don't always have time to think about INDIVIDUAL trip...like THIS time...

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,