Tuesday, October 27, 2009

911 Prompt Dream

So from time to time I have a dream (actually nightmare) with a reoccurring theme.....the situation changes but the theme of the dream remains.
Basically I am in some kind of trouble....not usually medically, more like a vicious killer is after me or someone is in the house in the middle of the night, etc....
Anyway.....I go to call 911 and I either can't get thru.....the line is busy....or most commonly lately is 911 prompt dream:
In this dream I basically reach a recording which asks me to press a series of buttons to better assist me..... (ie....press 1 if you are being murdered, press 2 if you are being raped, etc.....).....
Point being I am never actually able to reach the operator.....it is sort of terrifying except I usually know it is a dream...
Obviously this is a DIRECT result of what corporations have done to mess w/my head whenever I try to resolve any sort of issue......bank issue, insurance issue, utility issue....whatever....
Maybe I can receive some sort of compensation for 'mental anguish'.......I would call my EAP and try to set up a therapist but that would probably involve a series of prompts, as well....and would only further the damage.
Today's dream was that some guy was in my backyard dressed as the guy from 'Scream' and he had a chainsaw and was chasing around a HUGE beehive being flown around the yard by angry bees. When I tried to dial 911 I received a recorded message asking me to please describe my emergency. When I said "Some guy is in my backyard dressed as the guy from 'Scream' and he has a chainsaw and is chasing around a HUGE beehive being flown around the yard by angry bees" I received the response: "I'm sorry I didn't understand......please describe your emergency. Try using words like: burglary, home invasion, medical, murder, etc...."
Yeah....so basically I think I am scarred for life.....

8 comments:

Queen B said...

I feel like I shouldn't laugh at this... it seems very stressful!

- What if they outsource 911 to India?
- I definitely think it's corporate related!

Andrea said...

First - I'm so glad that you've posted again...I've missed you!!

Second - Sorry that you are having these nightmares, but this particular one makes me think of the Scream spoof movies and THAT is what I'm picturing in my head!!

Diane said...

That stinks! May you have only pleasant dreams.

Kim Thomas said...

I have reoccuring dreams where I am being chased. It is awful. I have gotten to the point though (this is odd) where I can wake myself up by telling myself this is a dream and it is ridiculous. Wake up.

It actually works, I can force myself awake-not everytime but alot.

Jane: a female given name of English origin said...

Does Halloween trigger the questions?

Jenn Ann said...

Striker would encourage the guy to chase the bees with a chain saw...what movies have you been watching lately?!

Beautifulthingsdie2 said...

Have you ever called 911 in your dream and been connected with a person with a thick Indian accent that you couldn't understand?

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,