Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dumb Hotel Receptionsits & when not to irritate me

Ok....so I have been holding up my strength (for the most part) and been pleasant...maybe tired but trucking through this insane work schedule....I mean we ALL know I NEED and want to work.....it's just I am sort of way behind on 'Life' and unfortunately some fairly important dr. visits...not to mention EXHAUSTED.....I have had 4 days off since December 18th and 2 of those days I LITERALLY spent the ENTIRE time asleep or gettting up to pee-- oh wait I did clean the kitchen & do luandry @ 6am one of those days--- but went back to sleep.
So la la .....anywho....I got in from London Sunday & back 'on call' Mon & Tues' DESPERATLEY hoping to just lay low regroup & catch up....but NO.....I am writing you from Mexico City.
This was really THE straw.....le sigh....and I am VERY OVER 'Scheduling' telling ME what to do/ when after doing this job for like 10 freaking yrs.....but I will not get into that at the moment....
Honestly....I was in NO MOOD from 'the get go' today.....I mean Fierce...and that doesn't happen much.....like when I am @ work I tend to be the flight attendant that is always smiling & friendly etc.....but today NOT having it. I wasn't mean, or rude....but I definitely know my face said do NOT even think about it..........
The flight was fine and actaully everyone was pleasant........
When I arrived @ the hotel, here in Mexico City, I inquired about internet access in the room and if it was complimentary (for crew members) and what I needed to do. My answer was a non convincing 'dial 0 when you reach your room'.....I EVEN asked..."When I dial 0 am I going to be talking to YOU again??"
Moving on.......When I did arrive in my room there was a plug that said internet access which clearly needed a cable which was clearly not in my desk drawer. So I dialed the infamous '0'....to which the operator replied that I need to leave a deposit @ the front desk (which will be returned...and that also happens to be where I receive the cable)...REALLY?? I asked why they didn't give me that information when I JUST asked not 5 mins ago, while downstairs.....
She didn't know and offered to transfer me but I said I was going to have to go down there anyway.......
When I say I am in NO MOOD....I mean I am in NO MOOD......
When I arrived @ the front desk AGAIN I asked the lady....."Remember 5 mins ago when I asked about accessing internet in the room and you said to dial 0??..... Any reason you didn't also inform me that I need to leave a deposit with you AND get a cable from you?"
I'm sorry I am not generally that blatant....but REALLY??? That is literally one of the STUPIDEST things EVER and I was going to let her know how I felt about it....not to mention I am exhausted & jet lagged & just overall irritated & over stressed, etc.....
Her reply was some mangled explanation that I just asked how to access internet.....to which I said...."Now don't you think if I was asking about accessing internet I would be ACTUALLY accessing internet & would need ALL the information about HOW to access??"
Anyway, that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of and I am not here long enough nor do I have the energy to fill out comment card.....
I can't believe I mustered up the blog...but it deserved a blog....it really did