Friday, January 15, 2010

Electrical Issues

Well during the month of December apparently I was giving off some sort of major energy of some sort & as a result my styling appliances were suffering
#1-- Old flat iron broke...but it was OLD so I didn't think much of it, but I couldn't find an exact replica to replace it, so I bought one I thought to be even better. It heated up originally (while in the UK, but then just died. It would turn on but NOT heat up....therefor considered DEAD. The following week the EXACT same thing happened to it's replacement....Ggggrrrr.....
After those 2 trips I DID find a similar flat iron to the 'Old' one...and while I was @ the airport I spoke w/ the people @ BrookStone and asked for the BEST EVER converter...not just an 'adapter'. They suggested the following, which is what I was already using:
So I INSISTED on something a bit more heavy duty....and left w/ the following:
When I first arrived to my hotel room, in the UK...this did not work AT ALL, but EVENTUALLY it did work w/ my computer & also flat iron....but after the flat iron it began smoking...hmmmmm....
Right well I unplugged everything and left for dinner.....when I came back I showered & washed hair.....which required flat ironing, once again- le sigh-
After this flat ironing session the converter blew a fuse, in the hotel room..... Since then said converter didn't work at all....but it was a bit finicky to begin with...
So before my NEXT trip to London (while in the airport) I bought the following-- A TRAVEL SURGE PROTECTOR:
Next comes my experience w/ Travel Surge Protector, which is basically no experience AT ALL.....due to it's size and demand for 3 prong outlet....Argh!!!!

Oh BY THE WAY......in the midst of this....while I was getting ready for work (AT HOME)...my OLD hairdryer blew up & I was blessed w/ a SUPER FAST trip to WalMart with 1/2 wet hair & it was all dry by the time I got back home...so that made styling near impossible....but anyway....
Due to ALL my electric issues this is now what my styling space looks like, @ the hotel:
NOTICE....AFTER ALL that I am not able to use the converter OR surge protector and am JUST using the simple 'ADAPTER' after all......
As long as nothing else blows up.....I guess I don't care....

9 comments:

Queen B said...

le sigh, indeed!

Before our trip to Europe, I bought an adaptor/converter set at Walmart (I use those interchangeable because I cannot for the life of me describe which is which or the differences) for $8. It survived many curling/flat iron experiences :)

Stay away from Lamp with all your electrical energy ;)

Kim Thomas said...

this is the funniest thing I read today. WTF is up with this luck? Nothing worse than when you have issues with hair accessories.

Diane said...

Wow! That is a lot of stuff that does not work. Have you tried the Chi flat irons? I love them.

Jane said...

I wonder how the pioneers would have handled this

KFuj said...

I hope you brought back the broken flat irons and got your money back. I would be no good traveling to the UK. Although my BB would have no problem as it came with like 10 adapters for the charger.

Andrea said...

This is truly sad. And I agree with everybody else, I hope you got your money back at least for the converter/adapter thing-a-ma-bob since that OBVIOUSLY was a bad buy!!

Good luck!

Queen B said...

the photos are great :)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

文章 said...

走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,85cc免費影片,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,自拍