Monday, December 13, 2010

Sometimes Curtains are better than a Balcony

I'm in Rio...
I Have HIGH HOPES for Rio.....and Brazil, that they get their shit together before the Olympics.
This is my EXTREME Close Up to ONE of the 'Favellas'.....infamous for gun shots......muggings, kidnapping, drugs, and other sorted excitement.
Sometimes I like to open my balcony door and listen to the waves......I am skipping that this trip and keeping curtains closed.....not that curtains are bullet proof. And not that I 'REALLY' think I will be hit by a stray bullet.....but.....I think I have taken enough chances in life ;-)
Anywho......I am still glad I am here.....I had a nice dinner and flew with good people and NO drama.....so all good December....still a THUMBS UP....so far

Yeah....so maybe not listening to the waves, from the balcony, this trip....but hopefully soon.....things will be better here :-)

4 comments:

Queen B said...

ugh. NOT pretty scenery :(

nice to share your view, though!

Kim Thomas said...

Wow, this is not a good sight. Be careful!

Jane said...

Es muy buena

Diane said...

Wow, this is Rio? Have you taken a vacation here besides being here for work? Have you been to Carnival?