Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Unexpected Holiday Inspiration

December has been a busy month....as it is for pretty much EVERYONE, I realize. I have actually been able to work A LOT...which has been GREAT and I suppose inspirational. It has been an extremely nice change from sitting and wondering if/ when and WHERE work will send me.....and actually just working. Working means I am out of town A LOT....which makes getting other things accomplished difficult, but it seems the more busy I am, lately.....the more I accomplish. I suppose that supports the statement "If you want something done....give it to a busy person" That statement is very true.

I have to admit...not much of my productivity as been Holiday motivated....I am only sending 3 cards this year and I JUST bought & wrote in them today....but things have been hectic & I am still trying to settle into a new life, etc....

I have flown to Rio and back twice in the last 10 days.....having 2 days off.....1 being today. My last day off I went to store & then made several meals and sides to just heat up for my roommate and I, as I knew I would be working a lot but I still wanted to eat mostly home cooked meals.

Today, I got up ran errands, came home and promptly began working on cleaning the apartment. I cleaned EVERYTHING....

I cleaned ENTIRE bathroom, and if you saw the amount of products on the counters & in the shower of our bathroom you would realize this can be an extremely tedious task. I swept, I mopped.....I cleaned the kitchen.....I vacuumed. I washed AND folded (note the ALSO folded) the towels.....I washed and put sheets back on bed (with help of Jasper--cat). I washed all the floor mats around the house.....and did regular laundry. I even Windexed ALL the glass in the apartment.

The apartment feels AWESOME.....and so do I.....

Tomorrow I MAY bake cookies.....that is not definite yet, but I am thinking about it.....

Who knew it took going thru a divorce to turn me into such a homemaker....Crazy??! But hey....whatever works.....and I am happy....I feel happy....sure, stressed over stuff, but I am happy.

I suppose that is really the best present I have received over any Holiday, Birthday or whatever....in a really long time.

It is The Big Picture....but it is the little things that make it happen. For once I look to the New Year and instead of just praying and hoping it's better....I almost know and feel it WILL be. I am/ have shed an unhealthy part of my life and I hope that leaves me open to absorb positive & amazing things that will continue to evolve through out the year.

6 comments:

Brandy Rose said...

I know how you feel. This will be my 2nd New Years being divorced. The first one was a wreck, but this one, I feel good about it and am looking forward to it. Hope its a good one for you as well :D

Queen B said...

Ooh, I like the "productivity" label :) I could use some of that around here!

Jane said...

This is an incredible post!

When you look back on 2010 and reread you are going to love it, thanks for documenting and welcome to the happy club :)

Agent DragonFly said...

Thank you, Jane....it is special, to me....and it is not sooo power packed with interest or humor, but it did mean a lot to me....Thanks... :-D

Diane said...

I am glad you are happy!

Kim Thomas said...

Love new found happiness....congratulations and good luck in 2011