Tuesday, March 8, 2011

DRY EYE SYNDROME

Ok...it sounds like 'Oh just Dry Eye Syndrome' whatever....put some drops in. I am here to tell you it is NO LAUGHING matter (well except the pic I will post later), but SERIOUSLY----
Dry Eye Syndrome, when in flare up mode, is EXTREMELY painful!!! Like....I just want morphine already...seriously. I have had a few flare ups a few years ago but they mostly last only a few hours......
This winter I have had several and they are a force to be reckoned with. RED, SWOLLEN eye, Watery to the point o f going through a box of tissue..... sensitivity to light.
I woke up in this condition this morning......and it has been one of the WORST flare ups to date. I couldn't drive to dr.....and so basically just laid in bed, in the dark, with tissues and eye drops.
When ex MrD came home he's like well make an eye patch from a 1st class eye shade......I was like I don't know it will help, but I did.....and it has helped. Typing this not easy, but at least I am not laying in the dark hoping for sleep or someone to come to tell me a story, b/c I couldn't even watch tv.
FYI.....started Restasis about a month ago and has been better, but Restasis takes awhile to really help (I hear).....
Anyway....if you have Dry Eye Syndrome....You are NOT alone...it is common, and it SUCKS....and I feel your pain.....

Hopefully tomorrow will be better, and if not I will at least be able to drive to dr......but at least w/ patch I can at least watch tv, and blog, or whatever for a few hrs to get me out of the dark cavern of watery eye suffering

3 comments:

Jane said...

I would laugh except my husband has the same problem

Agent DragonFly said...

Ugh....it SUCKS....but the patch was funny

Diane said...

That sucks! Hopes it gets better soon.